National Development Squad Selections 2009
SBF will be selecting up to 16 players into the National Development Squad in 2010. At least half of this number will be selected from the National Youth Development Program - Centre of Excellence.
Participants must successfully complete all 3 staqes of the selection process.
Information and selection method:
SBF will select up to 24 boys and up to 12 girls for Stage 2.
- Roll-off over 24 games (8 Games each on Short oil, Medium oil and Long oil conditions).
- For the boys division, anyone who makes it into the top 12 for all 3 conditions will qualify for Stage 2.
- For the girls division, anyone who makes it into the top 6 for all 3 conditions will qualify for Stage 2.
- Scores are not cumulativs and are not carried forward e.g. if John finishes in 10th place for the Short oil, 3rd place for the Medium oil and 8th place for the Long oil, he would automatically qualify for Stage 2).
- The rest of the athletes will be selected by the National Coaching staff based on a skill evaluatioann alysis i.e Footwork, Finishing position, Direction Speed, Release etc.
Dates of Roll-off: 30 Nov 2009 (Short oil), 1 Dec 2009 (Medium oil) and 3 Dec2 009 (Long oil)