Singapore Bowling Federation (SBF) is the governing body for the sport of tenpin bowling in Singapore. We are a charity and IPC. As a leading National Sports Association, we invite passionate and capable applicants who can contribute to our cause in the following position:
A. PRIMARY JOB PURPOSE
Report to the Executive Director the full spectrum of accounting functions and all areas of financial accounting.
B. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
To be responsible for:
- leading monthly accounts closing;
- preparing month end financial closing, general ledger reconciliation;
- maintaining full set of account;
- handling day to day accounting function;
- monitoring of AR/AP Aging;
- maintaining fixed assets register;
- managing of cashflow of fixed deposits
- reviewing monthly Bank Reconciliation;
- performing journal entries and adjustment;
- posting of transactions in the accounting system;
- preparing of monthly Balance Sheet and Income & Expenditure;
- providing financial analysis of revenue, cost and events;
- leading the year-end statutory audit;
- leading any internal or compliance audits;
- submission to SportSG and Charity Board
To ensure accounting is carried out in proper way in accordance to financial compliance; To ensure expense claims are in accordance with SBF’s Financial Regulations;
To issue tax-deductible receipts for donations;
To assist in any ad hoc accounting and administrative assignments; and
To perform any other duties assigned by the Employer, Management and or Supervisor.
C. JOB HOLDER REQUIREMENTS
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Accountancy or relevant qualifications.
- At least 1-3 years of accounting experience in full set of accounting is preferred. Prior experience in Sports industry, Charities or Grant Accounting is advantageous. Prior experience with MYOB is advantageous.
- Proficient in using Microsoft office especially in Excel and work with strong IT skills.
- A dynamic and mature person with a passion for sports.
- Meticulous with high level of integrity, detailed oriented and comfortable working with numbers. Must have strong initiative, good communication, interpersonal skills, positive attitude and problem- solving skills.
- Strong team player with ability to work and builds rapport and collaborative working relationship with all levels.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet tight datelines.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work on weekends when major competitions are hosted by the association Ability to start at short notice is preferred or immediate.
Please email application enclosing resume and recent photograph and stating current and expected salary to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Interested candidates, please send your detailed resume stating your contact no., present and expected salary under Private & Confidential cover to:
Singapore Bowling Federation
Closing Date: 4 October 2021